Thursday, February 28, 2013

4 Days to go!

Spotting scope - check, binocs - check, owling flashlight - check. What am I missing? Oh yeah... clothes!

As I begin gathering supplies and getting my hiking pack ready to go, I'm reflecting on some of my goals for this trip: 
  • To enjoy creation! Colombia is an unparalleled eco-tourism destination. I'm going to love enjoying everything from the arid cactus-carpeted north, to the steamy cloud forrest, to the thin-air parramo. Each ecosystem will be a real treat!
  • To learn from the experts, especially our biologist Guide Elkin, and veteran bird tour leader Chris Vanlonkhuyzen.
  • To explore this kind of trip providing ongoing income to the girl's home (as well as other charitable projects around the world)
  • To build up my life list (if you're new to birding, this means the number of species of birds you've seen in your life).


No comments:

Post a Comment