Tuesday, March 19, 2013

By the numbers

Well, I'm home. It's over. It was a wonderful trip and I'll enjoy remembering it - but I've gotta say that nothing beats being reunited with my wonderful wife, daughter and daughter-on-the-way!

So, care to know how we finished up? Drum roll please...

Our team drove over 750 miles, walked over 25 miles, spent a total of about 70 hours in the field and saw a total of ... 301 birds! Of these over 20 were endemics (found nowhere else in the world) -like this indigo-capped hummingbird at left - and at least 3 were endangered species.

And as far as fund-raising goes - we will be sending over $4500 down to the orphanage in Bogota this coming week! Praise God for such a successful endeavor! I look forward to seeing what comes next!

Thanks for following along with my blog, I'll sign off now until next time! Hope to see you soon,
 
     Thad

No comments:

Post a Comment