I am exhausted! But in the good kind of way. We had a wonderful day today, driving about 6 hours from Barranquilla all the way to Riohacha on the northern-most peninsula of Colombia, and birding at different stops along the way.
Today's coolest experience was crossing a little river on a raft 3 at a time in order to try and track down a couple of rare hummingbirds. While we were waiting for others to come across I met a little girl, the same age as Lily (3) who was one of 11 siblings. They enjoyed seeing a picture of her on my phone as they rocked in hammock, and giggled about how light her skin and how red her hair was.
I will try to upload some pictures soon.
The best birds of today were (among many awesome ones), Russet-throated Puffbird, White-fringed Antwren, American Flamingo, and Pearl Kite.
Total birds seen so far: 73
What a great, unique time you're having!
ReplyDelete